Friday, September 19, 2008

Contemplating Voting ...


  • "A Great Temptation" - Eric Manning (And Sometimes Tea) contemplates the "pox on both your houses" attitude to the elections prominent among some Catholic bloggers:
    I want it to be true, because then I can turn my back on this thing called "voting" for the foreseeable future, and retain the moral purity of never, ever, ever voting for anybody again in either major party (because we know that neither major party will ever, ever run a 100% pro-life candidate who eschews all abortions including in cases of rape, incest, life of the mother; all abortifacient contraception; all aborted-fetal-cell stem lines in government funded vaccines, and all use of ESCR). I could then feel free to rain down bipartisan imprecations on both parties with the equanimity of someone who is beyond such mortal foolishness. ...
  • Obama “Catholics” and Paragraph 35 - David (Cosmos, Liturgy, Sex) examines McCain and Obama under the light of the USCCB's Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship.